Thursday 15 October 2009

Dead Ernest not so dead?

There's a glimmer of hope on the Dead Ernest screenplay front. The project has been dogged by recession-related problems (very few new programmes or films are being made at the moment, apparently), but a well-known actress (all I'm allowed to say, but she'd be ideal) has been shown the book, "adores" it and would like to see a script. This has led to a new independent film company showing interest. All very early days, and it may come to nothing, but it would be lovely if it worked out.

4 comments:

  1. What exciting news, Frances!

    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yee-hah! Fabulous! Would you get to write the screenplay? Would you want to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Alis, but no, I wouldn't like to write the screenplay, nor has anyone asked me to!

    ReplyDelete